What You Need To Know
American workers are thriving in today’s job market. The unemployment rate is plummeting for Americans of all backgrounds.
- The unemployment rate dropped to 3.5% in September, its lowest level in 50 years.
- American workers are thriving in today’s job market, as the unemployment rate has remained at or below 4% for 19 consecutive months – the longest such streak in five decades.
- Today’s strong economy is lifting up Americans of all backgrounds.
- The Hispanic unemployment rate fell to a new record low of 3.9% in September, dropping below 4% for the first time ever.
- The African American unemployment rate remained at a record low of 5.5% in September.
- The unemployment rate for Americans with a disability reached its lowest level on record.
- The unemployment rate for Americans with less than a high school diploma fell to 4.8%, a record low.
We continue to see strong job growth as President Trump’s pro-growth policies drive an economic resurgence.
- More than 6.4 million jobs have been added since President Trump’s election.
- This is more jobs than the entire population of Maryland in 2018.
- 136,000 jobs were created for American workers in September, showing the continued strength of the economy.
- Our continued economic resurgence is defying expectations and demonstrating the effectiveness of President Trump’s pro-growth policies
- Job gains have exceeded 100,000 in 31 of the 34 months since President Trump’s election.
- We have averaged 179,000 new jobs per month over the last year.
- In contrast, the Congressional Budget Office predicted only 14,000 new jobs per month at this point in its pre-2016 election forecast.
- More than 500,000 manufacturing jobs and nearly 700,000 construction jobs have been created since President Trump’s election.